Wednesday, May 23, 2012

kids say the darndest things

Some snippets of conversations that I don't want to forget :

At our playdate:
Me: What do your cats look like, Carson?
Carson: (thinking) Um, they look like kitty-cats!

On a walk with Jaden:
Me: Wow, it's so pretty outside today buddy.
Jaden: (very seriously) Yes, look at those beautiful mountains!  (big pause) I just love looking at them!

About grandparents:
Jaden: I love talking on the phone.
Me: Really?
Jaden: Yea, especially to grandma and grandpa.
Me: Cool.  Why?
Jaden: Because I love them.
Me: They love you too buddy.
Jaden: Yea, because I'm a pretty cute little boy! =)

While packing:
Me: I'm ready to move buddy.
Jaden: (big sigh) Me too.
Me: Why do you want to move?
Jaden: I'm really excited about our new house.  And making new friends.  (pause) But I can still have my old friends.  I'll just make room in my heart for new ones.  =)

So cute.

1 comment: